Time to give the world a mini-goddess

No, I’m not looking to get knocked up. (Although I could stand to use some of the activity that results in that.) But it’s time to expand my family … the kind I pay anyway.


I had 14 meetings just yesterday.

The thing is, I am really happy when I’m in full-on project mode. I’m just having a hard time with all the daily stuff weighing me down.

But I love the daily stuff too. I just want to do a wonderful job with it but I can’t when there’s so much to be done.

I want to do great, and I want to do it all … and I have to be happy dancing on the line between them both.

The good news is, I just got the green light to hire help. Hurrah! I do have a high-dollar helper who spends 60% of his time on a daily project for the boss, so I have to deal with either having him do A) one project really well or B) three or four projects done in a rush in the other 40% of his time.

And you can understand, when you have a high-dollar helper, you shouldn’t be so behind all the time … even if a lot of that “behindness” is you picking up the slack.

In any case, I was hoping to wait to hire till we moved the office further away from the dead pigs and chickens and possums along the side of the country road.

But now there’s Another New Project looming, so we’re speeding up the process.

So, if any of you would like to work for me, well, you know where to find me. Job description: Brilliant writer, researcher and general superhero-in-training.

Or as I told my boss, hire me a pool boy and I won’t need any helpers at work because I’ll finally be in a damn good mood and I’ll be able to do it all!

Comments closed.